announces the opening of the applications for the admission to the
Undergraduate Programs for the academic year 2012 in the School
of Science and Engineering.
The application is open for the following
• BTech in Environmental
• Bachelor of Pharmacy
• BSc in Computer Science
• BSc in Environmental
• BSc in Human Biology
• BSc in Applied Physics
• BE in Computer Engineering
• BE in Electrical and
Electronic Engineering (Communication)
• BE in Electrical and
Electronic Engineering (Power and Control)
• BE in Mechanical Engineering
• BE in Geomatics Engineering
• BE in Civil Engineering
(Specialization in Hydropower)
Bachelors in Media Studies
From 2010, we have introduced an electronic admission management system which can be accessed online. The online version of the system would be available at KU’s website from July 10, 2012.
* The electronic admission management system is currently not available for Media Studies. For those seeking admission to this program are requested to contact the concerned Department at Kathmandu University.
Procedures of the electronic admission
- Access the electronic admission management system online.
- Please fill in all the information asked in the electronic form available. Some fields are mandatory to be filled in the form while others are optional. A mandatory field is denoted by an asterisk (*) symbol. The system does not allow you to proceed further if you miss to fill in some information or if you fill the data inappropriately. On completing the form, you will be able to preview the information that you have filled. After saving the filled in information, you will be provided a confirmation message of your successful application submission. The message also would contain your application ID. Please save this message (there is a save button in the form for this purpose just below the message) or note your application ID. You would need to produce this application ID later on to confirm your application.
- Admit cards will be issued from Kathmandu University, Dhulikhe-7 Kavre, from July 22 till August 1, 2012. Please visit KU.s website (http://ku.edu.np) for details about the collection of the admit card. Kindly take note that we will follow a fixed schedule for distributing admit cards to particular submission "id" only on a given date. Before collecting admit card please make a payment of NRs. 1000 for the application fee to a KU Account Number at any branch of following given bank account.
Account Name : Kathmandu University
Branch : Any
Bank Account Information>
Nepal Investment Bank Ltd : 00501030250009
Machhapuchchhre Bank Ltd : 2022524044147028
Nabil Bank Ltd : 0110010955102
- On producing the voucher payment and after the admission team verifies your original documents and credentials against the information that you have entered while filling the form, you will be provided an admit card for the entrance test. Please bring along with you at least four passport size photos and originals as well as copies of your academic credentials and testimonials.
Time Schedule for Admission
Applicants are advised to follow the time schedule given below:
Working days and other schedules will be as per the academic calendar publiced by the university.
|Application forms available on-line by
||July 1 to 24, 2013
|Admit Card Collection from KU, Dhulikhel
||July 8 to July 26, 2013
||July 30, 2013, Tuesday
||As mentioned in the Admit Card
|Publication of selected candidates list
||August 2, 2013, Friday
||August 5 to 11, 2013
|Semester I (Fall semester)
||August 28, 2013, Wednesday
|Session starts on
||August 29, 2013, Thursday