Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Do you have part-time or evening graduate progams?

    No. We only offer Full Time programs.

  2. Can I apply to more than one graduate program?

    Yes. You can apply to ME as well as MTech. Make sure you are eligible to both programs.

  3. Last time I was rejected. Can I apply this time?

    Yes. We encourage you to apply.

  4. Is admission form available online?

    Form is available online. You have to download  and print it. Please follow the link below to download the application form.

  5. Can you waive or defer the application fee?

    No. You mush pay application fee. Otherwise, your application will not be processed.

  6. How do I pay my application fee?

    The appication fee is NRs. 1250.

    Account Name : Kathmandu University
    Branch :   Any branch (NIBL has its branch in KU. We encourage you to pay in this branch)
    Bank Account Information:
    Nepal Investment Bank Ltd A/C No. : 00501030250009
    Machhapuchchhre Bank Ltd A/C No. : 2022524044147028
    Nabil Bank Ltd A/C No. : 0110010955102

  7. Will I be notified if something is missing from my application?

    Yes. We will contact you. But we encourage to check every documents before you submit.

  8. Will I be selected for Interview?

    Yes (if you have met the admission requirements).

  9. Will there be written exam this time?

    No. Interview is the only test.

  10. Can my materials be returned to me?


  11. Will I be notified about Interview List and Admission List?

    Yes. we publish the list of applicants in our website. We will also inform you via email.

  12. What is the cost of each graduate program?

    NRs. 297000 (2 Lakhs Ninety Seven Thousand)

  13. What is the amount that I have to pay at the time of admission?

    NRs. 93000 (Ninety Three Thousand)

  14. Does Department accept transfer credit?


  15. Is transportation serive available to graduate students?

    No. You have to either use your own vehicle or stay near by our University.

  16. Is hostel service available to graduate students?

    No. You have to rent a room outside University.

  17. How do I pay my regular tuition fee?

    Departemnt provides you a fee structure page to every student. You have to deposit the amount as mentioed in fee structure – 3 or 4 times a year.

  18. How do I apply for Teaching Assistantship?

    To apply for TAship, you first need to be our graduate student. Department will announce the vacancy for Teaching Assistant later. Every one of our graduate student is eligible to apply.

  19. What is Formula Funding and how do I apply for it?

    Formula Funding is the Full Scholarship provided by University Grants Commission (UGC).  Only 10% of total student in each program will receive this scholarship. Department will announce the Notice in October/November. Every student is eligible to apply for this scholarship.

  20. Can I defer my admission?

    Yes, you can. But you will NOT be refunded.

  21. Whom can I contact if I have specific question?

    If you have specific question that is not answered here, please contact CSE Department via email at or