editorial | 30 June, 2015 07:15
editorial | 30 June, 2015 04:21
Interactions on 3 July 2015, at 1.00 PM in CV Raman
- Effective Volunteering & Leadership
- Ujjal Thapa (Activist, volunteer, entrepreneur)
- Siddarth Koirala (same)
- Dr. Sucheta Ghimire Pyakuryal (teaches Political Sc. at U of North Florida)
- Arun Sharma (Visiting Faculty) and MGTS 402 Students
isms | 30 June, 2015 02:29
editorial | 28 June, 2015 09:51
The Department of Pharmacy (DoP), School of Science, organized a national workshop on WHO Guiding Analytical Techniques for Assessing Safety of Herbal Medicine during 18-19 June 2015 with support from University Grants Commission, Nepal.
The workshop was inaugurated by Prof. Mohan Bikram Gewali, Dean, School of Science. Dr Rajani Shakya, Acting Head of the Department, welcomed participants from different ayurvedic medicine manufacturing companies, DDA representatives, resource persons, faculty members and students.
Altogether 30 participants took part in the workshop.
The workshop was focused to the theme of quality manufacturing and evaluation strategies for herbal drug industries as per the standard WHO guidelines. The workshop broadened the possibility of future collaborative research works, trainings and internships of pharmacy students at herbal companies.
The program ended with a vote of thanks by Dr. Rajendra Gyawali, coordinator of the workshop.
editorial | 28 June, 2015 09:01
editorial | 26 June, 2015 10:32
Kathmandu University welcomed H.E. Ambassador Gil Haskel, Head of MASHAV (Israel's Agency for International Development Cooperation) along with H.E. Yaron Mayer, Ambassador of Israel to Nepal and Mr. Yehonathan Lebel, Deputy Chief of Mission, among others, in its central premises, Dhulikhel, on 26 June 2015.
The delegates had a brief discussion with Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Ram Kantha Makaju Shrestha and Registrar Prof. Bhola Thapa along with other authorities regarding possible areas of cooperation.
editorial | 25 June, 2015 09:02
Please CLICK HERE to download the brochure of the BBIS Program.
editorial | 24 June, 2015 09:10
Kathmandu University signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) on June 24, 2015, at the central premises, Dhulikhel.
The MoU was signed by Registrar Prof. Dr. Bhola Thapa on behalf of KU, and Mr. Rudra Singh Tamang, Chief Executive Officer of KMC.
The agreement aims to start collaboration on technologies in environmental improvement. The areas of cooperation include environment such as air, water, waste-related research and action, knowledge partnership, intervention in waste management, sustainable urban design, capacity building and joint collaboration with other national and international organizations for improvement of the environment of Kathmandu.
The MoU will remain valid for a period of five years with the possibility of extension on mutual understanding.
editorial | 24 June, 2015 04:53
All faculties, staffs and students are cordially invited to a session on "How to Get Rid of the Fear of Earthquake" by Swami Arahat from Osho Tapoban, Kathmandu.
DATE: 25 June 2015, Thursday
TIME: 3:30-6:00 pm
VENUE: CV Raman Auditorium
A bus will leave at 6:30 pm for the participants going to Kathmandu.
editorial | 23 June, 2015 17:11
Dr. Gajendra Sharma, Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, got a research paper published entitled 'Public Participation and Institutionalism Analysis in E-Governance' in Progress in Machines and Systems (Volume 3, Number 2, pp. 43-52).
The paper is available online at:
editorial | 23 June, 2015 17:08
The most recent publications from different projects of the Himalayan Cryosphere, Climate and Disaster Research Center (HiCCDRC), Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, School of Science, Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, published in peer reviewed journals:
1. Modified temperature index model for estimating the melt water discharge from debris-covered Lirung Glacier, Nepal. ACHUT PARAJULI, RIJAN B. KAYASTHA, MOHAN B. CHAND, JOSEPH M. SHEA & PRADEEP K. MOOL (2015). In: Remote Sensing and GIS for Hydrology and Water Resources (IAHS Publ. 368, 2015), (Proceedings RSHS14 and ICGRHWE14, Guangzhou, China, August 2014). doi:10.5194/piahs-368-409-2015.
2. Seasonal variation of ice melting on varying layers of debris of Lirung Glacier, Langtang Valley, Nepal. MOHAN B. CHAND, RIJAN B. KAYASTHA, ACHUT PARAJULI & PRADEEP K. MOOL (2015). In: Remote Sensing and GIS for Hydrology and Water Resources (IAHS Publ. 368, 2015), (Proceedings RSHS14 and ICGRHWE14, Guangzhou, China, August 2014). doi:10.5194/piahs-368-21-2015.
3. Glacier area and volume changes of Hidden Valley, Mustang, Nepal from ~1980s to 2010 based on remote sensing. LAKSHMAN LAMA, RIJAN B. KAYASTHA, SUADAN BIKASH MAHARJAN, SAMJWAL RATNA BAJRACHARYA, MOHAN B. CHAND & PRADEEP K. MOOL (2015). In: Remote Sensing and GIS for Hydrology and Water Resources (IAHS Publ. 368, 2015), (Proceedings RSHS14 and ICGRHWE14, Guangzhou, China, August 2014). doi:10.5194/piahs-368-57-2015.
4. Hydro-Chemical Characterization of Glacial Melt Waters Draining from Langtang Valley, Nepal. Anisha Tuladhar, Rijan Bhakta Kayastha, Smriti Gurung, Ahuti Shrestha. (2015). Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 7, pp. 605-613. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jwarp.2015.78049.
isms | 23 June, 2015 13:11
editorial | 22 June, 2015 09:30
The session will include:
· Presentation on psychobiology of the effects of earthquake;
· Psychological effects – how earthquake has impacted our emotions, thoughts and sensations;
· Tips on coping with the distresses and seeking professional help.
Dr. Pashupati Mahat, a Consultant Clinical Psychologist will be conducting the session.
Dr. Mahat had his Ph.D. from University of Vermont, USA. He has fifteen years' experience of professional practice.
All faculties, staffs and other members of the University family are cordially invited to attend the program.A bus will leave for Kathmandu at 5:45 pm.
isms | 22 June, 2015 05:11
editorial | 18 June, 2015 09:09