KU has several hostels, two in the main premises, one for boys(200) and the other for girls (163) and one in Chaukot for Boys (50). Some private houses outside the university premises are taken a lease for use as a hostel for medical students. Priorities are given to the students from outside the locality. Each hostel is secured by a guard and is provided with hot water (Solar), pantry, canteen, exercising machine, television and sports ground. All rooms are well furnished. International students are provided single accommodation at the guest house within the university premise.
KU students at Dhulikhel Campus operate their hostel mess on a cooperative basis. The KU fast food offers a variety of local and continental dishes including Indian and Chinese. Besides, it serves tea, coffee, pastry, and a cold drink. It has both indoor and outdoor seating arrangements.
Student WelFare Council (SWC)
In each school of KU, a Student Welfare Council (SWC), headed by a President, is constituted through individual class representation. Each SWC is responsible for implementing and coordinating all the student activities in the respective schools. SWCs also coordinate among each other and implement inter-school student activities.
There are several inter-departmental as well as intra-departmental student clubs in KU. These clubs operate under the umbrella of Student Welfare Council and assist the students in event organizations, skill development, and social interaction.
List of clubs registered for the activities of FY 2018-019 at Kathmandu University Student Welfare, Dhulikhel Campus, Dhulikhel:
- AIESEC Kathmandu University
- Amnesty International Nepal Kathmandu University Youth Network (AIKUYN)
- Kathmandu University Robotics Club (KURC)
- Kathmandu University Youth Red Cross Circle (KUYRCC)
- KU Society of Music and Culture (KUSMC)
- Rotaract Club of Kathmandu University (RTC-KU)
- Association of Mechanical Engineering Students (AMES)
- Forum for Environmental Conservation and Management (FECAM)
- Forum For Pharmacy (FoP)
- Geomatics Engineering Society (GES)
- KU Biotechnology Creatives (KUBiC)
- Kathmandu University Circle of Noble Chemineers (KUCONC)
- Kathmandu University Computational Mathematics Club (KUCMC)
- Kathmandu University Computer Club (KUCC)
- KU Civil Engineering Club (KUCEC)
- Natural and Social Concern Society (NSCS)
- Society for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (SEEE)
- Society of Business Information Students (SBIS)